Hello everyone ! Welcome back ! In our previous post on the blog, where we talked about activities for Lent, I did mention gardening. Today’s post is a follow-up about this specific activity. Today I wanted to share with you some gardening hacks for beginners. With Spring coming in our gardens, officially this next sunday by the way, I feel even more the urge to work with plants and flowers, so I thought it would be quite appropriate to share these hacks with you.
Let’s get started !
- Start with just 1 or 2 plants ; this way you can focus on them and take good care of them. Starting Indoor Plants Gardening with too many plants increases the risk of killing a lot and having a disaster. The fewer you start with, the better.
- Do not water too much ; it is known that indoor plants more often die of too much water than not enough water. Water only when the soil at the base of the plant is getting dry. If the soil is still kinda wet, wait for a little bit more before watering.
- Repot your plant only when the roots start popping out of the pot ; repotting too often a plant usually traumatizes it. Let it grow fully into its existing pot until changing it. The roots taking all the available space in the pot is a sign the plant is ready for repotting.
- Plan your gardening 1 year ahead ; especially if you’re remaking your garden, since landscaping involves a lot of time and patience. It’s better to spend more time when planning and avoid future problems and misconceptions.
- Sow your bulbs and make your cuttings in the Fall time ; this way bulbs will have time to settle until next Spring and bloom then. It’s alos the best time for cuttings since there’s no more heat and not yet frost to disturb the sprouting process.
- Sow your seeds in early Spring ; usually it’s during March or April, just make sure you check on your seeds packages.
- Protect from the wind ; One of the most dangerous ennemies you can get in the garden is called “wind”. When planting, sowing and so on, make sure you choose a windsafe spot or that you install some protection.
That’ll be all for today’s post, I hope you enjoyed it and found it useful. Thank you for passing by and reading my blog, I really appreciate.
I’ll talk to you soon in a next post,
Until then take care of yourself ❤