Hello everyone ! Welcome back ! Today, for our last Lent-themed post I would like to talk with you aboiut reading. What should we read during Lent time ? Which amount ? Which kind of books ? Today I’m gonna share with you some book title ideas Christian-oriented, meditation-oriented but also other reading ideas for those of you who aren’t Christians or simply don’t want to focus their reading on meditation, reflection.
Let’s get started !
#Christian-oriented reading ideas, reading for meditation, for reflection
- The Bible, a small extract each day. An extract on which you think about after reading.
- “Oraisons funèbres” by Bossuet, one oration each day.
- The Gospel, a small extract each day.
- Books from Alexandra David Neel about philosophy and religion, a small extract each day.
- Philosophy books
#Relaxing reading ideas
- classical chinese poems
- classical japanese poems
- classical russian poems
#Other reading ideas
- Several small books, one a day (short stories, short novels)
- All the books (or at least as many as you can during Lent) from a specific author (I would personally go for Tolkien, Christian Jacq, Henri Troyat for example)
- Big book series like the “Red Wheel”, by Solzhenitsyn, trilogies and so on
- A serie of books on the same topic (I could go for all my books about Precolombian Civilizations, or my books about Russia, or China and so on)
- Only History books
- Only Geography / Tourism Guide books
That’ll be all for today’s post, I hope you like it and find it useful
Thank you for passing by and reading my blog.
I’ll talk to you soon in a next post,
Until then, take care of yourself ❤